As everyone knows what value a business data holds, we still spin in the scenario of data security threats. In 2020, many businesses in India working remotely underwent the security threats imposed by hackers and scammers to breach data.
Sadly those companies had to shut down due to phishing scams. Now that every business has explored the benefits of personalized VPN networks and cloud storages, the scammers have also elevated their skills, phishing employees with advanced scams.
Here are the top five security threats that you can encounter and eradicate on time to shield your business.
We at Techchef have assured data recovery solutions for HDDs,RAID, and more that are recovered with our most innovative and unbeatable technologies giving you satisfying results.
Web🌐 >> https://t.co/jAOLrmjXHS#Techchef #TrustTheBest #TechchefDataRecovery#RaidServer #Server pic.twitter.com/B036n2UZur
— Techchef Data Recovery (@asktechchef) April 19, 2021
1. Credential stuffing: Scammers knock off a VPN brute-force attack by targeting a VPN portal of the user and bombarding many authentication attempts on it using pre-gathered lists of credentials.
This attack on VPN is commonly called “credential stuffing.” If any username/password combinations work, the attacker or scammer can grasp the data.
2. Phishing: Scammers all-time favourite, phishing with new schemes nowadays, is revolving around remotely working employees.
Taking advantage of the public’s fear during the covid-19 pandemic, the attackers create website links for covid-19 maps, coronavirus cures and selling medical care.
People are often driven to malicious links that impose security threats on their networks connecting and commanding their server.
3. Malicious axure apps: With the increase in Microsoft Azure tenants, many of you are accessing Azure environments for your remote workers. Make sure you keep an eye on apps that your users are approving. Try to schedule periodic reviews of approved apps and repeal anything that could be risky. The attackers have invented malicious Azure apps in phishing campaigns that can penetrate your network soon as the user clicks to install the app.
4. Fake office 365 screens: If your working employees use their home networks, attackers can enforce a fake login screen (fake office login screen), same as office 365.
Logging into these fake screens unknowingly can steal the credentials and data important to operate business workflow.
The attackers can access the users’ computer with authentication tokens, stealing personal or confidential data from users’ devices.
5. Insider security threat: With the rising counts of covid cases and extended pandemic period, many employees psychologically behave a little differently from usual due to the fear of losing their jobs due to the covid break or weak performance.
The fear pushes them to download the work files to an unsecured device, challenging the cybersecurity of business data. This results in uncommon data security threats leading to the withdrawal of data by the insider.
You can expect many such interruptions in your upcoming remotely working business, so encountering them time before any data loss occurs becomes necessary. To ensure all the security threats are covered, validate a strong VPN network and strong authentication that can be controlled and accessed by personnel you trust. Also, many data recovery services can help you restore all operational activities of your business with secure business data recovery in this hard time.
Techchef helps to Secure your Business
Due to expansion in the pandemic, many businesses that recently migrated to work from home can experience data loss or data breach. Don’t worry, Techchef is here. We are the number one business data recovery experts recovering data with over a decade of experience. Here is what we can do for you in this pandemic:
Remote business data recovery service for RAID, NAS, SAN, Tape and server
Fully sanitized media pick-up/media drop service
24/7 customer support
Remote data recovery service at premises
100% secure networks
100% data privacy maintained
On-time secure media delivery
Fastest turnaround time
Contact us to get the most secure and best in class business recovery services at your premises ready with all precautionary measures.