Isn’t it scary to think about hard drive failure
? It becomes more alarming when you have to work on something important and the submission deadline is near. Unfortunately, the loss of hard drives seems to be a common problem these days. That is why Techchef is here to help you. Please read the complete below and know the significant reasons behind drive failures and methods to recover them.
What are the significant reasons behind hard drive failures?
Hard Drives are the digital storage component that stores all the files, media, and folders. It can be external or internal. Though HDD give users warning signals before any damage occurs, sometimes it may be possible some sudden mechanical issue arises. There are top 5 worst reasons for hard drive failure that can lead to data loss. Know the reasons given below:
1. Human error :
The first and foremost mistake that generally occurs is human error. Humans are not infallible, and thus, mistakes are bound to happen. It sometimes becomes difficult for an IT user to detect the HDD problem. And then, the hard failure results in a data loss situation. Hence, it would be best to be cautious while working with drives.
2. Liquid spill :
Another primary concern is liquid damage, one of the worst reasons for hard drive data failure. When liquid spills on the HDD, it damages the drive internally and may corrode the device. So take action as quickly as possible to avoid a data loss situation and avoid keeping liquid things near the HDD that can damage it.
3. Power outage:
Another primary reason for hard drive failure is a power outage. An unstable electric connection or power outage may cause damage to the hard drive
, and further, it may result in corruption or inaccessibility of data.
4. Hard drive failure:
When components of the hard drive begin to fail after 4-5 years of working, either it needs to be replaced or expand its lifespan by updating it, otherwise due to failure of some parts of the hard drive, it can damage the HDD data.
5. Virus and malware:
When viruses and malware
continuously attack the drive and necessary action is not taken to protect the data, data becomes unreadable. In severe virus attacks, it corrupts the HDD and may result in permanent data loss.
Methods to recover data from Hard Drive:
1. First, downloading and installing the Disk Drill in windows allows you to access your HDD data or recover it. Know the steps how to recover data using disk drill given below:
- Download and Install Disk Drill on your Windows.
- If your hard drive is external, connect your Hard Drive with the Disk Drill.
- After installing it, click on the ‘search for lost data which will appear on the bottom of the right side of the screen.
- Preview the files and folders you desire to recover.
- Now start the recovery procedure by clicking the ‘Recover’ button.
2. Second, if the damage is severe, then look for professional intervention to study and understand the proper reason behind the failure of HDD. In critical cases, if you try to recover your data from your own, you may end up losing your important data. Connect with a data recovery solution company to restore your data in such a situation.
Having discussed all the reasons and recovery methods, it is all up to you to choose wisely for your data. Understand the severity of your data and recover it with professional help. If you are looking for such professional data recovery solutions, then get in touch with us.
Techchef data recovery solutions have experience of over 6 years in successfully recovering data, even in complicated situations. To know more about us, visit our official website
or call us at 1800-313-1737. We will be happy to help you with the best suitable solutions.