Redundant Array of Independent Disks, popularly known as RAID, is the configuration of multiple hard drives of logical units to improve the performance of RAID and redundancy of RAID data. This is the key reason why RAID storage systems are widely used in business organizations to store data. There are different types of RAID available. They are explained below:
1. RAID 0 : RAID 0 is also known as striped disks. Data is equally divided between two or more drives, but, if one or more drives fail, this can lead to failure of the RAID array. Since the size of a RAID 0 is large and it is the fastest-speed RAID array, the only disadvantage is that it has no redundancy.
2. RAID 1: RAID 1 is widely known as mirrored disks. It allows the drive to contain two or more identical data. One of the best advantages of RAID 1 is that single drive failure won’t result in an entire RAID data failure or corruption. However, on the other hand, it has one disadvantage, the speed and size of RAID1 is limited. It has been seen as the slowest and smallest among all other RAID modes. To recover RAID 1, only one drive is needed.
3. RAID 3: RAID 3 is a striped set with dedicated parity. The data is equally divided into two or more drives. Additionally, a drive for storage is also available. RAID 3 is a high-speed drive for reading and writing operations. If multiple commands are given to RAID 3 at the same time, then it may not perform smoothly.
4. RAID 5: Another identification of RAID 5 is striped disks with distributed parity. Data is divided evenly into two or more disks, and parity is divided between disks. RAID 5 is large in size, high speed and redundant. Due to it features it allows users to work hassle-free on multiple instructions at the same time
5. RAID 10: RAID 10 is a striped set of mirrored parity. In RAID 10, four or more drives are attached together and made into two striped mirrors. RAID 10 is both a redundant and high speed array. Due to its exclusive features it is a wider choice among the users.
As discussed above, there are different modes of RAID, and different RAID modes have their advantages and disadvantages. However, in the case of any unfortunate situation we are lucky enough to recover it. But in any complicated scenario where professional intervention is needed then connecting with a professional data recovery company would be a wiser action.
You should know about one of the best data recovery service companies that provide reliable and trustworthy services. To get our services, Connect with us today and secure your data, Visit our official website https://www.techchef.in/ or call us at 1800-313-1737